Paraty


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
March 29th 2012
Published: March 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

ParatyParatyParaty

a cobbled street
We woke up early and sat around until breakfast which didn't open until 8.30 am. At 8.35 am Jo complained that they hadn't yet removed the chain across the breakfast area as she could smell the coffee and we were both becoming thirsty which was when we discovered that we had 25 minutes left to wait due to Ed having the wrong time!!!

A leisurely breakfast of fresh orange juice, crusty fresh rolls, really good coffee (for once) and some fruit.

We walked into town which is really very nice with pretty buildings and cobbled streets, a reasonable selection of shops, some cafes, boats bobbing at their moorings all to the backdrop of forested mountains with pleasant walking weather - i.e. not raining and not too hot.

We wandered around most of the morning and afternoon, shared a coffee milkshake (more ice cream than anything else), had a tuna toasted sandwich and put our blog up to date. Jo searched every shop selling Havaianas for a pair for herself and daughter and we eventually returned to the hostel at about 6.15 pm after happily pottering about all day doing not very much.....

We joined the group on
ParatyParatyParaty

The quayside
the beach for a drink - either beer or wine left over from the boat trip and also non-claimed bottles of wine left on the truck. (Why buy it if you are not going to drink it?) Whilst there, the chef from the beach cafe opposite the hostel took our orders for dinner as he said some of it would take an hour to prepare. We both opted for his speciality. One of us ordered shrimp ragout and the other fish ragout. Two hours later we sat down to eat and were both disappointed. We wrongly assumed that as the chef was French, the meal was likely to be good. Four prawns in a tomatoey sauce does not a dinner make - quel domage! The white fish was a little like halibut was didn't seem particularly fresh. Never mind two glasses of wine, a beer and a baileys-type drink helped relax the memory.........

We crossed the road to the hostel and went to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

a cafea cafe
a cafe

and a coffee


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb