PARATY


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
November 14th 2010
Published: December 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well am writing this from the side of the road, somewhere between Foz De Iguacu and Cascavelo. The bus we were on blew a tyre on the motorway, resulting in all the passengers stood on the highway, watching the driver and a few volunteers take on the grueling task of changing a coach tire. There goes our connecting bus to Campo Grande, O’well!

It’s been a while since the last update due to spotty net connections and bit of a stomach upset but we’re happy to announce we’re now rocking a HP Notebook laptop, so regular posts and pictures (finally!) should be a coming. That is until the laptop breaks, fingers crossed!Back to the matter at hand.

After the wet island of Ilha Grande we travelled by sea and land to Partay about 4 hours down the coast. Getting there in the evening we checked into our hostel, the Backpackers House Hostel (it was literally someone’s house, thankfully they were very friendly) and decided to try our hand at home made Caiprihanas. Not too shabby for a first attempt if I do say so myself. The next day we hired a couple of bikes from the owner of the hostel we were staying in, we’re entrusted with a map of waterfalls in the surrounding area (not sure if map is the correct term to us, but it definitely had pictures of roads and waterfalls on it) and hit the road.

After a few slips and a near fatal crash on the left hand side of the road, we got used to riding on the right and headed out of town. A while later after an uphill struggle we reached the first waterfall, locked our bike and headed out to get our feet wet, waterslides kept the locals and kjersti entertained for a few minutes, whilst the other waterfall boasted rope swings and a rickety rope bridge. We arrived back at the hostel just in time for Pizza night, where the owner cooked some of the best pizza I have ever tasted.

The next day, we awoke to a breakfast fit for kings with every spread, fruit and bread type available in Brazil and made our way, in the pouring rain, to the bus station to head to Trinidad.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb