Parity


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
June 13th 2009
Published: June 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Parity is a lovely little seaside Colonial town with lots of pretty churches, buildings and cobbled streets. When we arrived it was still raining unfortunately but we did a tour of the town and went out for a beer, listened to some live music and then had a superb fish dinner in a nice restaurant. It was great after the amount of red meat we have been eating at the BBQ style restaurants. the town cam alilve at night with street performers, markets and i had my tarot cards read by an Argentinian gypsy woman - nothing too earth shattering in the reading i´m afraid!

There was a number of waterfalls nearby and a few of us took the local bus to a waterfall which is used as a natural waterslide. Another few decided to cycle but i was glad we didn´t take that option as the inclines were so steep! I had a go down the waterfall and it was good fun but the water was freezing so i declined another shot at it! The sun came out and we lazed about, did a walk through the rough terrain and finally when we were leaving the other group turned up on their bikes.

That evening we had a quick meal then sat in our makeshift group bar called "Shorties" We played some drinking games and then went to the local beach party and danced around their campfire with the locals and joined in their cultural experience til 4.30am!

The transfer the next day to our next stop wasn´t much fun...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb