Ihla Grande


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Ilha Grande
June 11th 2009
Published: June 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello all from the lovely island of Ihla Grande. After a few hours on a private minivan and a short boat ride we reached our colourful little hotel on the small island. It´s a pity about the weather as it has been slightly overcast but at least it wasn´t raining!

The Island is very small with a few nice restaurants, bars, hotels and jungle walks, boating activities. We didn´t have a great deal of time here so we went on a boat trip which did 3 lagoon stops for snorkelling and to hit the beach before having a huge Barbeque and all you can drink Caipirinhas. We all got quite merry by the end and had our Ipods playing through the speakers for a bit of a dance too.

Our mad danish friend Mikkel decided it wouyld be fun to jump off the boat when it was moving but soon regretted it when El Capitano made him swim all the way back to the boat and wouldn´t go back for him.

It was a good opportunity for everyone in our group to get to know everyone better and we continued the party on dry land afterwards. Unfortunately the heavens opened and it was teaming down for the rest of the evening so we just grabbed a quick bite to eat and called it a night.

The next day we were leaving and got a public boat for an hour or so to a small town where we would catch the next bus. The rain was awful and we all got completely soaked!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

our pretty hotel...our pretty hotel...
our pretty hotel...

shame about the damp smell!


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb