October 10th and 11th


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Búzios
October 12th 2012
Published: October 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

10th
We had to get up early as the taxi was coming at 8 well it was 8 Brazilian time which means 8.45. The huge coach ( not the taxi we were expecting) was fully air conditioned with very reclining seats that we made full use of. A total of 4 hours later we arrived at our pousada. Well Hilary and Paul you think your drive is steep? It resembled an alpine ski slope well not quite! They do have steps cut into the slope that make it easier to walk up so we can leave our Zimmer frames at the top. Casagrande pousada is beautiful, colonial in style and with breathtaking views from every room even the bathroom.
We walked the 15 minute walk to town which took us 30 minutes as it was so hot, and Steve was feeling dickie (but dickie didn't like it) that was meant to be a joke, Steve style, in the evening we found a boutique hotel close by just 2 minutes away and had a lovely 3 course meal for both of us costing less than £33 not bad considering we usually spend a lot more for 1 course. Realised my white gold earrings were missing, must have left them in Rio, phoned the hotel but no joy.

11th

Spent the day looking for another charger and shopping there are so many shops and many are really upmarket Hazel you would love it! Last night we walked into town which took about 25 minutes. The coastal path is bordered with shops and restaurants and although dark we were sober for a change so didn't fall in to the sea. The pictures aren't in order this one is Rio as the sun sets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



13th October 2012

Travel Journo
G'day guys, great to read about your travels, I especially liked the one about Steve getting stuck inside the parrots cage! Surprised they let him out! Am sampling whiskeys in preparation for your arrival. Stay well. R&K xx
13th October 2012

Ickie
Sorry to here bout the dickie, lovely photos you look like you are enjoying yourself, alls good here, see you xx
13th October 2012

Ickie
Sorry to here bout the dickie, lovely photos you look like you are enjoying yourself, alls good here, see you xx

Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb