Curitiba and Ilha do Mel


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Ilha do Mel
December 12th 2007
Published: December 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

the view in between beachesthe view in between beachesthe view in between beaches

chloe is carrying ´´big red´´ the surfboard, see how big it is?
We took a train from Curitiba to a place calle Morretes (spelling?) and then a bus to Paranagua. There we caught an afternoon ferry to Ilha do Mel.

We arrived at Ilha do Mel and found a hostel on the beach called Zorro´s. Probably one of the nicest hostels we´ve stayed in. AND, it was almost DESERTED so we got an entire dorm room to ourselves with a private bathroom.

It rained for the first day and a half, but that did not stop us from taking out ''big red´´ the surfboard (which was over 2 metres in length, the biggest surf board we have ever seen). The ocean was rough that day but the water was SO WARM! Definately in the high 80s.

We had sun on our third and fourth day. More surfing, swimming, exploring caves, etc. We also went to this interesting ´´jam session´´ one night with a bunch of brazillians and people from our hostel. We also met some other Canadians from Thunder Bay. We have hardly seen any Canadians this trip actually.

Ilha do Mel is very chill and only 1000 people live on it. It was awesome and there were times where we were the only people on the beach!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb