Only Falls and Hostels


Advertisement
Published: November 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We jumped into a taxi from Cuidad del Este, with the intention of heading to the Paraguayan border to cross over to Brazil. However a miscommunication meant our taxi driver took us across the border and we didn’t get stamped out of Paraguay, however we did get stamped into Brazil safely and a short bus ride later we made it to our hostel.

We spent the rest of the day chilling out by the pool, and then went for dinner with Adam and Sarah, the couple we had met in Colca Canyon.

The next day we got up early with the intention of going to the Iguacu falls on an early-ish bus. We were offered a private transfer and entrance to the nearby bird park for a reasonable price by our hostel, so took up the offer. This meant we arrived at the park later than planned and it was really busy.

After arriving at the park and taking the bus to the start of the trail, we made our way down to the viewing point and were taken aback by the sheer size and power of the water falls. Following the trail, you get to see how many falls there are, as you work your way towards the ‘devils throat’ .

When you get to ‘devils throat’ you get to walk out on a platform to get a closer look, being so close meant you got a bit wet, but it was a nice cool down in the heat!

We then made our way over to the bird park, where we got to see several birds and reptiles, and even got to go into a couple of enclosures, which was scary for Charlene as all the birds seemed to fly close to her. The birds obviously enjoyed Charlene’s company though and began to sing, it was really loud and they blocked the exit!

The rest of the afternoon, and the next morning we had in Brazil, were spent by the pool. In that way we concluded our short trip to Brazil.


Additional photos below
Photos: 86, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb