Iguacu Falls


Advertisement
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are just waiting for yet another overnight bus, and thought we'd kill sometime by updating y'all.

From Buenos Aires we caught a 20 hour night bus up to Iguacu Falls. And what a bus it was! The seats literally went back 160 degrees, it had waiter service and 4 films! Bliss. On arrival we headed straight out to the Brazilian side of the falls. It rained so much on our way there that the road was red with washed clay, we thought we would have the same fate as much of the rest of brazil has recently had! We safely arrived at the falls drenched, dried off slightly before the falls drenched us once more. It was amazing.

The next day was blistering hot when we arrived on the Argentinian side.

(Argentinians drink 'mate' which is like a grassy tea drunk in a special cup and silver straw, which they make up themselves, and share around the group. This doesn't sound that weird, but they seem to carry it everywhere with them, which means they also need a thermos and posh carry case for the parafinalia.)

Now, it was hot as I said and heaving, thousands of families and hundreds of queues made it look like Disney land. Each family had a 5 litre thermos that they had to carry around all day, whilst we had to watch our knees as the argies bargied passed us. Anyway, we loved the falls, you've seen the pictures, next. If you want to know any facts about the falls, wikipedia them cause we can't remember.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb