Oy from Brasil!!


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

PunoPunoPuno

Taking a ride..
Hello All!!

Its been a while since I got myself on one of these computer things!!!

At the moment we are JUST over the border from Argentina into Brazil. We are right near the Iguassu Falls which we had a look at today from the Brazillian side. Tomorrow we view them from the Argentinian side (apparently the better of the two).

Our journey up to here has been an interesting one. We have since joined a new group in Buenos Aires travelling up to Rio De Janiero. Leaving our last group was quite sad as we had all bonded so well and made some lifelong friends.

We left out last group in La Paz and the majority of them continued from La Pàz to Rio De Janiero. Nick and I flew from La Paz via Santiago to Buenos Aires. Well, that was the plan. On our taxi journey to the airport, it began to snow quite heavily. On arrival to the airport we were advised that the airport had been closed and we are to wait to find out about our flight. 5 hours later we boarded our plane and missed our onward journey to Buenos Aires.
prettyprettypretty

Taquile Island, Lake Titicaca
LAN Airlines kindly put us up in a hotel for the night.... in the SHERATON!! yeah baby!!

Unfortunately, all the excitment must have been too much for Jacqui, who then came down with Gastro at 8pm that night, and did not receive any enjoyment from the free hotel, dinner or breakfast at the Sheraton!! This would have had to be THE worst night of my life and would not wish Gastro on my worst enemy.

We eventually made it to Buenos Aires the next day. Buenos Aires is absolutely beautiful and a welcome change from Peru and Bolivia as is it a lot wealthier. The city looks a lot more westernised and cleaner.

After Buenos Aires we headed north to the Wetlands and did some wildlife watching, and then onwards to Iguassu. After this, we will fly to Sao Paulo and make our way to Paraty for some beach life. Then head to Ilha Grande which will be bummimg around on the beach and snorkelling and then heading to Rio for some Rio fun!!

That will bring us to the end of South America which has been a huge experience!!

Hope all is well at
What a view...What a view...What a view...

awesome lunch... Taquile Island
home. Enjoy some photos!

love jacs xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

awww...awww...
awww...

gorgeous kitty
Posing..Posing..
Posing..

Taquile Island
GirlsGirls
Girls

Taquile Island
SoccerSoccer
Soccer

With the Locals, Lake Titicaca
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Lake Titicaca
Our FamilyOur Family
Our Family

Our homestay family on Lake Titicaca... awesome family
The HouseThe House
The House

That we stayed in. Lake Titicaca
Reid BoatReid Boat
Reid Boat

Lake Titicaca
SnowingSnowing
Snowing

Leaving La Paz... or trying to
Recoleta CemetaryRecoleta Cemetary
Recoleta Cemetary

Cemetary of the Rich and famous..Buenos Aires....
Evita!!Evita!!
Evita!!

Eva Perones grave
La BoccaLa Bocca
La Bocca

Home of Tango..Buenos Aires
Tango..Tango..
Tango..

La Bocca, Buenos Aires
Iguassu FallsIguassu Falls
Iguassu Falls

Devils Throat


18th August 2008

Greetings from all at FP
Hello Jacqui and Nick. Thanks for the fantastic blogs. Keep having a ball. Love from all of us at FP
20th August 2008

when my baby smiles at me i go to rio
thanks again for your lovely photos guys. did you get my last note? next photo will be nick diving off the cliffs with famous divers of rio? if i have got the plac3e right. keep on enjoying. no more gastro. dont forget, the wonders of the workplace await your rerurn, God bless Steve.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb