Foz do Iguacu


Advertisement
Published: August 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Kevo and the waterfalls 44 secs
If you are crossing the border between Brazil and Argentina then it is necessary to visit the Iguacu falls, they are spectacular.

As we were leaving Brazil (Bonito) and destined for Argentina we did the Brazilian side first. This was an over night bus but be warned that it is necessary to change buses twice, of course we were fast asleep until the bus driver came up calling our names, (He knew from our luggage tags) telling us we had to get off and get another bus, which was lucky for us sleeping beauties.

The final bus terminates at the Foz do Iguacu bus station this is not a station you want to hang around so we got on the local bus that brings you directly to the falls. In the tourist centre at the falls, it was possible for us to put our rucksacks into lockers and begin our trip around the Brazilian side of the falls.

This was really amazing as you can basically walk out on top of the falls and watch the gallons of water come pouring from above you and below you, its surreal actually.

Its all downhill as you walk around
WaterWaterWater

There are 275 different waterfalls here.
the falls but never fear when the two hour walk finishes there is a lift that brings you back to basically where you started, very funny to see.

Once we were finished at this side we got on a bus that brought us back on the same road as we got in, however we were given advise by the tourist information lady in Foz do Iguacu that if we jumped out at a specific Hotel, (name we have forgotten) cross the road we can flag down the International bus that was aiming for Argentina and that's exactly what we did.

At the Brazilian border, the bus will not stop unless you ask the driver to do so, he will give you a ticket so as you can get on the next bus as they do not wait for you to get your Brazilian exit stamp.

So after a short wait our bus finally arrived and we jumped on, happy days. Many buses do pass while you are sitting there in no mans land but it has to be the same bus company that you can jump back on, no problem but all the buses look the same
Bus up to the FallsBus up to the FallsBus up to the Falls

We got the front seats for a change!!
and say basically the same thing on the front window so flag down what you reckon is the closest looking, lol!!

And we were out of Brazil and on our way to Argentina!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The Local WildlifeThe Local Wildlife
The Local Wildlife

The Racoons come looking for food.
PlatformPlatform
Platform

View from the platform that goes our about 20mts over the water!!
ClaireClaire
Claire

Trying unsuccessfully not to get wet.
CiaraCiara
Ciara

Ciara came prepared to get wet!!


6th August 2008

I agree
I was there just a week ago and it is simple amazing! Particularly on a sunny day, as there is the most amazing raindow over the falls. Great hostel on the argentian side, called hotel inn! Highly recommended. Dodds

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb