Foz do Iguacu


Advertisement
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

FallsFallsFalls

Lisa and Martyn - look how wet we are!
Hello everyone, this is the last blog from Brazil, very sad to be leaving, but Martyn is very excited about Argentina- just so can get a big juicy steak for like a pound!!!

So we left Paraty on Thursday and went to Sao Paulo, from there we had a 5 hour wait in the very dodgy SP bus station - but we suvived!! At 8pm that night we got a bus to Foz which was an overnight one and we got in at 10.45am the next day wasnt too bad actually we both managed to get a little sleep!! Foz do Iguacu is so much bigger than either of us thought its a city we thought we were going to a wee town. It sits right on the border with Puerto Igassu in Argentina and Cuidad del Este in Paraguay, its pretty cool.

Our hostel (Hostel Bambu) is great, easy to find and right next to all the bus lines we need oh and it has a pool - got my priorities!! We met back up with Aaron and Sam the guys from Ilhe Grande so we knew there would be a lot of drinking happening. The bar is 24hours in the hostel, when there are no bar staff on you just right down what you took, oh my god its leathal! You dont pay for anything and it just all goes on your bill at the end (we are dreading checking out tommorrow!!) So needless to say we drank a lot of beer and cocktails and played a lot of cards, then the poker came out and the swimming in the pool started, lots of fun although think Im getting too old to keep up with Martyns drinking!!

Next day, feeling rather tender I was adamant that we were going to see the falls. The falls themselves are right on the border of Argentina and Brazil so its possible to go to them from both sides. The Brazil side has a more panoramic view of them and on the Argentina side you can get right into them. We got there easily and wow they really were amazing we got soaking just from the spray, it was so good and the fact Argentina was like just there made it so cool!! Def looking forward to seeing the otherside as word on the street is that its much better. We are going to get a boat right under them aswell so excited about that.

Today we thought we would venture to the Paraguay border, we were going to go over to Cuidad del Este but dont think there much there so we thought we go to see Itapui Dam. Apparantly the 2nd biggest in the world, it was pretty big we thought Hoover Dam was impressive but this was big! Martyn was not really impressed so we took some pics and off we went!!

So tommorrow we are off to cross the border into Argentina, it is going so fast its scary. We really loved Brazil but it was so expensive we are def looking forward to some cheapness in Argentina!!

Hope everyone is good and well. Pam are you managing to get on to the computer to write? If there any probs just write a comment to us on here. Will get more pics up once I can get my camera to play along with me!!

Loads of Love xxx Keep in touch xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

FallsFalls
Falls

Martyn
FallsFalls
Falls

Lisa
FallsFalls
Falls

Martyn
FozFoz
Foz

Lisa and Martyn
FozFoz
Foz

Martyn Aaron and Sam
FozFoz
Foz

Marty
FozFoz
Foz

Martyn Aaron Sam and Katy (Sams lady friend!)
FozFoz
Foz

Two secs later we fell in
FozFoz
Foz

Haha
FozFoz
Foz

Haha Martyns hand stand!
FozFoz
Foz

Martyn Aaron Sam


25th February 2008

lisaandmartyn
hi guys the photos of the falls are brillant you two are looking nice and tanned nice to see you meeting up with your mates again .well thats brazil over with hope you enjoy argentina.everyone is asking for you take care speak to you soon xxx.
28th February 2008

photos
hi there, your underwater pics are great you two, i think you are having far too much fun!!!!! the falls look amazing. hope the steaks are good martyn!!!! take care and speak when we get home love mdlpxx

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb