Foz do Iguaçu


Advertisement
Published: December 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We caught an overnight bus from Florianopolis to Foz do Iguaçu in the interior of Brazil to go to Iguaçu National Park and to meet with our friend Kristine who flew down from Canada to meet us for the last three weeks of our trip. It was amazingly hot in Foz, maybe around 40 plus degrees which was a big adjustment for us after coming from the coast and the ocean breeze. However, it was exciting to see Kristine and the waterfalls in the National Park were absolutely amazing.

The cataracts, what they call the waterfalls in portugese, were huge and multi-leveled. They also extended across a huge area, into Argentina, so we crossed the border to spend one night on the Argentinian side. When we went to see the falls from the Argentinian side we got to walk through the humid and tropical forest. We saw lizards, racoon like animals and toucans! The other really cool thing we did on the Argentinian side was to take a powerboat ride underneath the spray of some of the falls. So much fun.

We caught the bus back to Brazil and the next day saw the falls from the Brazilian side.
the falls (brazil side)the falls (brazil side)the falls (brazil side)

featuring chloe and jordan
They were equally as impressive the second day, as they were from a different perspective, so we really got to see all of the multiple levels of falls together. Even though we were not as close to the falls, we still got sprayed by the mist coming off of them.

Also in Foz we went out for sushi, (apparently Brazil has the largest Japanese population outside of Japan, so there is sushi everywhere) went to a hotel pool and swam all day and suntanned! We will upload pictures of the falls soon---but we are running out of internet time right now! Ciao

Advertisement



14th December 2007

Sweet pics of the falls
Those are some spectacular photos of the water falls. Musta been refreshing to get misted on a sunny day. And, man, sushi sounds good right about now, too!

Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb