Foz Iguazu- Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Pantanal
August 2nd 2007
Published: May 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

BrasiliaBrasiliaBrasilia

Out on the club scene
Well there wasn't much to report about on my visit to Brasilia. Its the capital of Brazil and a new city. You could tell this as it did not have much character. Just blocks of buildings in a grid system. There were plenty of government buildings and a few museums, but that was pretty much it. We managed to have a night out and meet a few local girls. They took us to a local club and we never got home till early hours of the morning. Driving around in their car was an experience on its own. We had a good night and met some good people.



On route to Foz Iguazu :



The plane journeys here are not what I am used to that's for sure. They remind me of a local bus. People just hop on and hop off! On our flight from Brasilia to Foz Iguazu, we stopped a number of times at numerous airports along the way. This confused us, and after the second stop I was adamant that we had to get off. My friends were not so sure, and left the plane reluctantly.

After a longer wait than usual at baggage claim, my friend approached the attendant with his ticket. "Is this our stop?", he asked. The attendant started shouting and pointing at the plane... "go... go...go". In a panic, he grabbed us and rushed us through the automatic doors and back onto the run way. Running whilst shouting down his radio, he managed to halt the plane and get us back on. Within the space of twenty minutes, we had left the plane and embarked back on it, whilst causing chaos on the runway. You can be assured this was the last time my friends listened to me regarding flight stops.



On arrival we were greeted by dancers in traditional tribal dress. It was quite a nice gesture and one that you'd expect for royalty. After collecting our bags (yes it was the right airport). We left arrivals and straight to the tourist desk to look on info for hotels and hostels.



We managed to book into a nice hotel not so far from the airport. With this we got a taxi and a driver for the rest of our journey. It was a local lady. We called her Berol
BrasiliaBrasiliaBrasilia

Me and my two friends. Dan and his brother Gary
and she turned out to be a great help.

The next day we went to see the Iguazu Falls. There are two sides to this gigantic waterfall. The Brazilian side, and the Argentinian side. We managed to visit both and I must admit the Argentinian side was the most impressive, with a lot more views. We also flew over by helicopter and went up river by speed boat. All in all it was a good trip and worth the visit.



Our driver really made the trip and she took us everywhere. We even managed to get across the border into Paraguay, and buy some really cheap camera equipment. Its the start of things to come...


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

BrasiliaBrasilia
Brasilia

Our local guides
Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

Taken from the helicopter


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb