14 hours later... Campo Grande


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Pantanal
July 24th 2005
Published: July 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Night buses are funny things. You sleep alot, but to call it sleep is lying to yourself.The seats are really comfy,and recline to almost lying down, but that little bit difference stops any real effect. plus the driver ran over something in the early hours...

Anyway, yes,we got the bus to Campo Grande - two busses in fact, and 14 hours. now here we are, in the middle of nowhere in Nowheresville - a 50 horse town with nothing to entertain even one of them. Well we´re off tomorrow morning to tour the Pantanal for three days... so who cares. We did our first proper bargaining today and got a 640 R$ tour for 550, plus a free night in this hotel.

Today was spent wandering around Campo Grande wondering why everything was shut... and then realising that yes, it was sunday. The only good thing to come from it all was the sight of the phoneboxes they have here - in the shape of parrots and leopards... genius.

The time here is different - back another hour, which makes us... 6 hours behind? Or is it 5? We have no idea anymore - not that we care, over our jetlag as we are.

Anyway, early start tomorrow to postback some of the stuff weighing down our bags (I think we brought too many potions, ointments and lotions for anybodies holiday... factor 50 sunscreen AND aftersun? What was Laura thinking??

No pictures today, but we´ll try to get some amazing ones in the pantanal to add afterwards! After all we will be swimming with alligators and pirhanas, as well as riding horse back into the sunset of course! you wont hear from us from us for at least three days now as there are no computers next to our hammocks!! From the Pantanal we go to Curumba,which might have internet cafes,but might not, and then we get the train towards Santa Cruz in Bolivia, stopping to do a 2 day trek on the way.Don´t be scared if you hear nothing for a week!

well best get an early night, hope you all are bright green with jealousy, missing you a little ;P love you lots!

Advertisement



25th July 2005

ONE HORSE TOWNS
SOOOO!!!,GRINGOS!,ANOVVER WEEK AHEAD ANNA MUCH TO SEE.THE PICTURES OF THE WATERFALLS WERE LOVERLY!!!,I EXPLAINED TO MY SCOUT JULIO TO JUST KEEP AN EYE ON YOU TWOS, BOT HE WAS TOO NEAR THEE EDGE!!,I LAST SAW HEEM FLOATING UP RIVER TO PATANAL,HES A GOOD SWIMMER, SO WEEL CONTACT ME FROM THERE,("SIGH!"),BUT GRINGOS!!,ENOFF,YOU TAKA IN ALL THE LOVERLY SIGHTS, CARE WITHA MONIES!!!,OF COURSE THEESE ADDED PROTECTION FROMA JULIO WILL ADD A LEETLE EXPENSE,(WHADDYA MEAN YOU NO PAY!!!ARRIVA!!),BE CAREFUL IN THEM SALOONS, THE TAQUILA CAN BE VERWY STROONG!!! ONDRE!!!HE HE
25th July 2005

Hello there
Well how wondeful it all looks, you are so lucky! Take care of each other love you so much Mum xxx
26th July 2005

greenwithenvy
dear both,greenis my colour,getting deeper with every blog...highlights snd lowlights+good tips please.cold and wet here,remeber that?pics look fantastic,getting greener by the minute,i i mean....supergran.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb