Lavras Novas


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lavras Novas is an extremely pleasant little town on the side of a hill. All the buildings are different colors. Because we went in the middle of the week, there weren't too many people, but it was a pleasant day none-the-less. We spent much of the day at an outdoor cafe owned by Milly, a lady with a welcoming smile. I also found the souvenir shop that I had seen pictures of on the internet - and the prices were very fair too!

(And of course I had lots of giggles at the cow.. horse.. mules as they walked up and down the street going about their daily business. Mark had never thought much about it, it was a small town after all!)

There were lots of little fires in the hills as we left, again, this is very normal and they burn out on their own. The only thing redder than the dirt are the flames that burn. This is a fact of life in the dry season.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Wildfires burn at will.Wildfires burn at will.
Wildfires burn at will.

It's just a fact of life in the dry season.
Poinsettia TREE!Poinsettia TREE!
Poinsettia TREE!

And here we always thought it was a disposable Christmas time bush!


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb