Surfing, sleeping and drinking


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Salvador
February 27th 2011
Published: February 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

For the last week we have been doing it pretty tough in small town called Itacare. After a bus, ferry and bus total of maybe 8 hours we arrived in Itacare last Monday with the intention of staying only a couple of nights, but that length of stay was very quickly revisited and we ended up staying for the week.
It's a beautiful little town surrounded by pristine beaches, and lush green jungle.
We spent most of our time on the main close beaches, but on Friday we took a bus with a few people from the hostel to more secluded beaches, which we had to walk through jungle for about half an hour to reach each beach... Half an hour doesnt seem that long when there are breath taking views at every clearing. So we spent the day at four different beaches, with minimal people...not bad! (i'll add photos soon)
Things dont happen in the morning there, nightlife doesnt get going until about 1, therefore all the stores and restaurants don't bother opening until about 3pm, pretty great way of life. So the mornings were spent on the beach, or reading in a hammock, i could really get used to it!!
We arrived back in salvador yesterday, and are staying in the city this time, the architecture here is amazing, huge old buildings, few of have been restored, the city is wound around seriously ankle breaking cobblestone roads... which just adds that extra authenticity.
Last night we walked up the street and came across a drum show, which consisted of about 50 women drumming up and down the street, in preparation for carnaval. A great atmosphere of beer and drums, with people dancing along behind, infront or next to the drummers. I can only imagine its going to get even bigger!!
So we are spending the next two days here in Salvador, and then we fly back to Rio for the big event!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb