We Are, We Are Carnival


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Salvador
February 21st 2007
Published: February 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Rest of Rio: we spent the final days in rio going up the green, cartoon-like hills that the city was built around. really i think it is one of the prettiest cities i´ve ever seen, because of these steep tropical hills that pop up in the middle of the urban landscape, and out into the bay too. you might have heard of sugar loaf mountian, and the statue of the christ that overlooks the city. but at the same time, the christ has his back to a large part of the city, which clearly explains why there is a little war being fought every day on the streets there. in conclusion, rio is great but you have to be a bit careful.

Hostel Life: we had dinner one night, where the french guys cooked indian food, for me the american, my argentine friend and some danish friends, all in brazil. it had the feeling of a united nations dinner on a microscopic scale, of course without any discussion of nuclear disarmament. and it was so funny/cute to hear them all speaking in englilsh, each having learned in different places, some in america others in england, speaking with different accents, sometimes searching for words, and sometimes speaking incorrectly, but all managing very normal and entertaining conversation.

Salvador da Bahia: this is the city we chose to go to for carnival beause it is supposed to be the best and most authentic carnival in all of brazil. the city is the largest "african" city in all of the americas where i think more than

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb