Excuse Me, Has anyone seen where i put that $2,200?


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Morro de São Paulo
March 6th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

i have entered a new phase of the trip which right now consists of beach activities on an island off the coast of brazil where there are no cars and only streets of sand. despite this rule, it is more touristy than i thought and would prefer other smaller, less known beaches. we are renting an apartment, each of us pays about only 10 dollars a day. activities include suntanning, beach soccer, swimming, reading in hammocks, and small beach parties by night. before moro de sao paulo we were in a place called praia de forte, which is very similar but a bit more developed. you could spend months here going up and down the coast knowing all the beach towns. it reminds me a bit of costa rica, but the big cities are much more tricky.

after the mugging of the french guys in rio, we knew that the adventures in brazil were just beginning, and this tropical pais refuses to disappoint. it turns out that in salvador (the city where we did carnival) someone was able to get my bank card numbers and code, i think by using a small camera near the atm, make a fake card, and take out about 2 thousand dollars! i found out when one of 20 mac machines i was trying to take money out of finally gave me a message that said, "not enough funds" (all others would say "error" or some useless nonsense, which is typical of the mac machines here even when you still have thousands of dollars still in your account). i found out for sure that it was fraud only after i arrived on the island of morro de sau paulo, so on in a few days i have to return to salvador just to fill out a police report in person.

then on thursday or friday, i will be off to a place called itacare where i will add surfing to the list of beach activities.

Advertisement



13th March 2007

sell-bell
well, i've been wondering how you were getting on, so i decided to check out the blogs and i was not dissapointed. it sounds like a grand adventure, tho sorry to hear about the atm mishap. ireland is quite bad for that as well and i am always concerned that it will happen to me! reminds me of when i lost my wallet in seville not long ago, tho your situation is much worse. anyway, hope its working out. maybe drop me an email and let me know what your up to now and how the en-er-gee-aaa is there? as they say in my favorite country- chioso.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb