Woodstock on the ocean


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » ItacarĂ©
September 13th 2015
Published: September 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Flew to Ilheus, then a 90 minute taxi ride up the coast (paid 180, but you might get it for 160). When first arriving in town, I was a bit nervous as it looked dumpy, and even the roads by our Pousada were dirt and in rough shape. But our digs...Pousada Burundanga...was really lovely, and close to the beach. Being late August it's off season, so nothing is very busy, but the weather was very good. We hiked out to Prahina, without guide, and got a bit lost, but nothing awful. That beach is large and pristine, with us and a bunch of Israeli kids and some locals doing yoga. Another day we went to one of the town beaches, and spent a lot of time in the water. The surfers are amazing. We did a canoe trip with Brazil Tours (thanks Natalie) which was pleasant, although the boat and it's propulsion techniques were a bit dodgy. But you are wearing a life vest, and we even saw 2 dogs swimming across the river, so how bad can it get? One word of warning is be prepared for mosquitoes, which are worse as you get closer to the ocean. Enjoy this peaceful little town!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb