Jungle day 4 - scared of dolphins


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Amazonas » Manaus
February 24th 2014
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -3.10719, -60.0261

My hand was munched some what vociferously during the night. 20 on my right hand!! Doh! Oh well, we shall have to keep the bite relief handy for the day! James seems totally better this morning! He has a good constitution!

This morning was swimming with pink dolphins, which, I have to say are scary bloody things! They are bigger than what one would usually think of as a dolphin, solid muscle and have bigger teeth! It was an interesting experience but not one I am all to keen to repeat! We also tried to catch some piraucu, fish that are 2m in length! Viscous things! Will upload a video of the attempt when I am home!

On the way back to the lodge the heavens opened amazon style again but this time we were in the middle of the river! We were wet from swimming anyway so we embraced it, arms in the air as you saw the rain flood across the water towards us!! At some points it was pretty painful, almost like hail but
we enjoyed ourselves!

After lunch of fish and rice again, it was time to leave. The journey back to manaus was 3 hours with a stop at a Tribe on the way! It was quite an awkward situation as they sat us down, sang a song and then lead us to their market, full of amazontribe.com stuff which every other stall in amazonas seems to offer! We just wanted to leave! There were a litter of 10 puppies though which I would quite liked to have kidnapped!!

Once Raphael had picked us up, it was an hr dive back to the city centre where we rearranged or bags for our flight (reunited with our passports!!) said goodbye to the Lo's who invited us to hongkong to stay .... Next adventure??!!! And arrived at the airport after hating stuck in traffic at about 7pm.... Our flight was at 2am..... Settle down for the evening.... Or try to in a busy airport .... It was unsuccessful but I did get a chocolate cookie, which after fish, rice and watermelon for the last 4 days was AMAZING!!!!!....

The flight..... We slept!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015.2kb