Day 3: New Road, Potosi to Tarija


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Tarija Department » Tarija
June 28th 2013
Published: July 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Potosi to Tarija


Potosi was cold! Outside in the sun it was good, but as soon as you went inside it was cold. I was wearing for nearly the whole time:

Tea shirt, thermal long sleeved shirt, shirt, thermal jumper, jumper, thick leather jacket, thermal trousers and jeans.

The first night I slept on my thermals and beanie.

Andrea lead the retreat well and we had some good discussions and good time on our own thinking about what things we need to let go of and how to do so.

I really enjoyed being with the Step Team who came to be with us from the lovely town of Tupiza just down the road. The Steppers are only a year older than Joe (2 years more than Ben) and they got on really well together. It reminds me of when I did a 6 week Step Team 23 years ago in Southern Argentina. On Thursday night we stayed up playing Rage. I went to bed about midnight. I left Joe and the rest of the youngsters playing Racing Demons.

Nady enjoyed playing with Finian, Aiden, Kalisha and Kilen (Pete and Linda’s children) and during the warmer part of the day we all went down to the hot pools. It’s amazing that water comes out of the ground so hot that you can’t hold your hand in it. The pools were lovely and warm but filthy as I think most of Potosi had been there to bath!

Thursday night was much less cold and I woke with only a slight headache.

Goodbyes were said and soon we were on our way to Tarija. Winding down from the World’s Highest City to a long flat arid valley. There’s a brand new road now between Potosi and Tarija and we were there in a few hours.

As we arrived into Tarija we called Walter “oh, we thought you knew”, he said. “What’s that?” replied Andrea. “Adela’s in hospital”.

Poor Adela had been in terrible pain all week and had been taken in to have her Gall Bladder out. So we hastily found a hotel and had a lovely meal in the Gato Pardo making arrangements to see Adela in hospital in the morning.



Gray


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb