Sweatin it out in Santa Cruz


Advertisement
Published: January 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


About 3 hours into the our bus ride of bladder death, we stopped at a petrol station, not before one of us had used the old bottle and thrown it out the window trick. After this it was once again dehydrate yourself so you could sleep comfortably and without worry.

We arrived in Santa Cruz and after bitching for how many weeks about the cold, that definately was not an issue. Getting of the bus was enought to break a sweat, let alone suss out if the guy trying to sell us accommodation was ridgy didge or not. He came in the taxi with us, taking it to a total of 7 people in the taxi the size of commodore, so he was ok.

After a stroll around town we decided the cinema was the best refuge from the heat and humidity. We officially became mall rats, as Santa Cruz was mearly a means to end. We had to catch a flight to Sao Paulo, at 4am in the morning in 2 days. The mall was one of the few places we could hang out and not venture outside for food, toilets or entertainment.

Suprisingly Santa Cruz turned out to be rather uneventful which disappointed us after having an adventure in each of the past places. The most exciting it got for me was while buying these extremely delicious burgers of a street vendour, this guy was trying to talk to me. After making it apparent I spoke no espanol he still persisted. The ladies making the burgers kept laughing and eventually helped me out by telling him off.

We headed to the airport and hang out in the Gol check in line till it opened and then slept till our flight was called. Our first experience on Brasilian airlines also turned out to be uneventful, thankfully! If anything we were now prepared for the heat of Brasil.

Advertisement



26th January 2008

7 people in a car? I'm sure you've done better than that is college... How good were the burgers. Can you rate them out of 5, and give a favourite filling?

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb