Land of Lagoons


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Uyuni
November 15th 2022
Published: November 15th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Our second day was pretty amazing. We got an early start since the call to prayer had all of us up and ready by 6am. The best we could tell is the call to prayer is 5:15am to 6:00am and then the whole town has breakfast together in the square.

Our first impromptu stop was at a llama farm to see a bunch of them up close. I love their ear markers that look like colorful fringe earrings.

We hit our highest mark today at just short of 5000 meters (16,400 ft). This well surpasses my last highest of 12,500 ft in Peru. The stopped at a place called the desert of Salvador Dali as the landscape looks straight out of his paintings.

We visited several lagoons of varying colors all which have flamingos living in them. The most impressive was the bright red/pink one. There is phytoplankton in the water that reacts to the sun and colors the surface.

We also had a chance to bathe in natural hot pools and visit active thermal formations. We continue to be impressed with our cooks meals. She prepares the food in the morning and rides along with us. All of course meals are warm and wonderful!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb