Simply Incredible Salar de Uyuni


Advertisement
Published: March 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today was one of those hateful early mornings. I was to be picked up at 4 AM to head to the airport. When the phone rang at 3:40 and the driver was waiting I knew it was going to be a rush. Luckily I had packed and organized everything the night before. At the airport I ran into problems checking in. The airline required that the credit card used to purchase the ticket be presented, which I would ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




12th March 2014

Great photos....but....
I'm behind on reading your Bolivia blogs, but when I noticed this one had been published I had to have a quick skim of the photos. They're great, but did you forget to upload any others by chance...? ;-)
13th March 2014

Thanks Jo
I'm glad you checked out the blog. I will publish the second and third days of the Salar trip soon. As for the photos, I try to keep them to only 2 pages. I don't want to bore people with too many pictures and have them lose interest and stop looking at them. It is one of my many quirks. Believe it or not, I took over 600 pictures out on the Salar.
12th March 2014
Resting on my Hat

my fave of the salt flat pics...
and I love a bit of workplace promo :)
13th March 2014
Resting on my Hat

Thank you Ren
I really appreciate that. It was a struggle to think of what to do, but when this idea came, it seemed perfect. Now, if I can only get work to subsidize this trip as an advertisement.........
12th March 2014

Thanks for the warning about having my credit card at the airport...
you should dispute the charge with the credit card company, keeping both tickets, etc. I've usually been able to have a charge cancelled or refunded. As for sitting on your hat, I though you didn't have a hat...you hate them. But in that sun, you really need the protection...on your head.
13th March 2014

I'm glad you are getting some useful tips for your trip
As much as I hate hats, I hate sunburn even more. The sun is intense up here, so vanity be darned. I went to the airline yesterday and believe that they will reverse the charge for the second set of tickets. It was a long process, but in the end they stamped my info and gave me a copy, so if it doesn't happen the next step is dispute. Thanks for following.
13th March 2014

Is the cactus flipping you off?
Ok, so in your first cactus picture, it looks like the cactus is flipping you off!!! LOL!!! Sounds like an amazing trip and can't wait to read the next posting. Love you!
13th March 2014
Dinosaurs Still Exist Here

Expectations
Simply incredible when a destination meets or exceeds expectations...really glad this did. Great perspective pic...one of the best!
13th March 2014
Dinosaurs Still Exist Here

You are too right
I love it when things work out better than I hoped. This was such a fun trip. And dinner last night with Tara was simply perfection. I was blown away by the food. Today she and I are off on a day tour. And thank you for the nice comment on the perspective picture. It was a lot of fun doing them.
13th March 2014

Outstanding blog & pics!!
Dave here......really enjoyed your blog. I thought you were metaphorically describing the beds as "concrete" until I saw the picture! The pictures are priceless as well. You seem to be enjoying your sojourn as we knew you would. Be safe.
13th March 2014

Thank you Dave
I really appreciate that. I knew that people may think I was doing my exaggeration thing about the beds, so wanted to back up my claim. Believe it or not, they were really comfortable. I am glad you are enjoying the blogs. Have fun on the Isle of Man.
13th March 2014

Snow---ugghh
Hi B, sounds like you are have a fantastic trip so far. Loved the perspective pictures! The only issue I have is that it really does look like snow and I am just done with snow for now. Have fun and keep on blogging.
14th March 2014

Thanks for sharing!
very beautiful and fun to read! That place looks so different. Que paisaje mas precioso!
15th March 2014

Love and Miss my Cooker!
Hi Honey. Just read your blog with a cup of coffee. Enjoyed hearing of your tales, the beautiful photos and your snarky humor! Hope you are having a great time. Text me for some important news when you get home. Travel safe!!
20th March 2014

pics
i love the pics of you on your hat and the dinosaur!! I do have to make one of these trips with you. I know we would have an absolute blast!!
21st March 2014

That we would
Thanks Doug. I agree. And i know you would love it down there. Great food, incredible scenery and things I just couldn't imagine.
7th May 2014

All's well...
So glad day one turned out well after the hassles at the airport. And smiling at the end of the day because of how much fun you had, fantastic! :-)
7th May 2014

From a cruddy start to the day it turned out to be a great day. I had to put it behind and enjoy the moment, and yes, ended up smiling. I did have to dispute the charge on my credit card though. Ah, such is life. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 48; qc: 157; dbt: 0.1627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb