HEAVEN


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Following the Dakar Rally Part 5 - HEAVEN. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, and it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening a... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 162, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Leaving Heaven in the backseat of a... Leaving Heaven in the backseat of a...
Leaving Heaven in the backseat of a...

Atacama Desert, Chile...here we come



3rd June 2016

A zen-like mantle rests so deliciously...
A brilliant idea to have Ali Farka Touré & Toumani Diabaté playing desert blues & so thought Rocco & Tung who have desert DNA 'cos those little part Abyssinian cats came arunnin' nestling around the music source, their eyes misty & distant as they listened & gazed at the magnificent desert photos (all 162 of them) dreaming of past incarnations. And me? Well. Page 5 made me gasp! There is something about altitude. Maybe it is the low oxygen levels, 5,500 metres can do it to you. A zen-like mantle rests so deliciously over you & simplifies the beauty, enhances the experience. And it was good...very good...brilliant in fact. :)
4th June 2016

A zen-like mantle rests so deliciously...
Five days without seeing another tourist in other worldly locales surrounded by snow capped volcanoes and dazzling altitude desert painted landscapes of swirling colours highlighted with lagoons, rock forests, bubbling mud, striped mountains turning to gold at sunset and...the solitude. Truly a spiritual experience. How to share it? Best way is with you Denise...'cause you get it...'cause you were there!!! We thought the sunset over the Salar was to be a highlight that could not be topped. But it turned out to be a curtain opening for what was to come. In a word...it was Heaven!
4th June 2016

Page 5 made me gasp!
In our zip-along world some do not have time to smell the flowers. But for those that like to dwell awhile, this blog is for you. Hundreds of photos reduced to just 162, with 24 sliding panoramas and desert blues to transport you there. If you read the text you will see I've added an eighth day of creation that is not from Genesis. Relax and enjoy. The altiplano of Bolivia is heavenly. Take the time...dwell awhile.
4th June 2016

Where is the green?
Dakar valley, - yes, that's what I call it...ideal venue for the Dakar Rally. God created everything, but I think he forgot to create some greenery in the Dakar valley on the 8th day. But your green umbrella in the 'Heaven' reminded the God, - hey, something is missing. Oops, - the God admits. Damn, the God thinks, I thought I could relax on the 9th day, Nah,- perhaps 9th day would be required now, it's quite an area the Dakar valley! Jokes aside, the slide show is gorgeous Dave!
4th June 2016

Where is the green?
On the eighth day there were "scarcely greens" but on your ninth day Tab...mmm...something to look forward to! Being under the green umbrella in the altiplano desert with only Denise, Geneth, Valerio and volcanoes for company is an image that will remain with me always. Made me smile at the time...still smiling as the photos bring amazing memories flooding back. I know you get it Tab...relax and enjoy...and dwell awhile!
4th June 2016

Stunning scenery....
One of my favourite places in the entire world..
4th June 2016

Stunning scenery....
Easy to agree Linese. Definitely one of our favourite places in the entire world also. Thanks for commenting.
4th June 2016

photos speak for themselves!
The thrill of being in the middle of nowhere with no tourists around and with picturesque scenery all around. I could picture you jumping with unbridled joy!
4th June 2016

photos speak for themselves!
Thanks Hem. I reckon you'd be jumping for joy too! If you consider these pics with a 50mm camera...imagine the possibilities if my 18-200 lens was not kaput...and what you could achieve with your camera skill...tempted?
6th June 2016
Sol de la Manara

Boiling mud
Boiling mud always make my day. Have you ever been to Iceland? There is a lot of volcanoes, fumaroles and geysers there. /Ake
6th June 2016
Sol de la Manara

Boiling mud
Gotta make sure there is something to please everyone Ake, so the boiling mud is for you. I only recall it in Indonesia and Bolivia and Denise has also seen it in New Zealand. Racking my brain if I've seen it in Chile where we have seen more volcanoes than anywhere else.
7th June 2016
Heaven

Dining al fresco
You don't need a fancy camera with talent like yours! Rock on man. Keep the light alive. “Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” ― Marc Riboud
7th June 2016
Heaven

Dining al fresco
“Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” ― Marc Riboud. Thanks for the quote as the "savoring life intensely" part in particular I can really relate to. I can't do half-hearted or ordinary. I just can't. To extend it to taking pics...love it!!! Great pic selection by the way. Some of the best lunch locales we have had anywhere were under that umbrella...surreal doesn't come close!
7th June 2016

Of course you're jumping. That's what Dancing Dave's do.
Your phots always take me to another place. Breathtaking. You draw us into another world where work and other noise around us disappears. And then there's you leaping in the air... you bring joy and goofiness and made me smile. No fake meditative pose, just you... being you.
8th June 2016

Of course you're jumping. That's what Dancing Dave's do.
Thank you Anita. Your comments are extra special as you know me as the one you entrusted to handle your personal and business matters and in so doing discovered my alter ego...Dancing Dave. And in so doing I discovered just you...being you. By the way, what do I have to do to get you to make me another white chocolate cherry-swirl cheesecake?
3rd September 2016

Heaven on Earth
David, You & Denise are a 'piece' of heaven on this earth ? Lynda dancing in the west
3rd September 2016

Heaven on Earth
Lynda. To hear you are dancing in the west is sweet music to our ears. We did have that dance we always said we would, when I was last in Perth. What a journey you have been on. We will remember your beautiful spirit always. Thanks for commenting.

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 18; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb