La Paz-- TravelBlog Friends and Festivals


Advertisement
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
November 11th 2015
Published: November 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Chaotic La Paz pulses with life at a dizzying, freezing 3650 meters/12,000 ft, its wild traffic dominated by crammed, black-smoke belching, ancient buses and tourist-robbing taxis, its buildings either half-finished brick, or steel and glass high-rises, both climbing steep, lung-busting streets crowded with indigenous women in flouncy skirts and bowler hats selling fresh orange juice and snacks, h... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Trace, zebra and ITrace, zebra and I
Trace, zebra and I

zebras are used to teach people to use zebra crossing on streets
dancers at Sunday fair dancers at Sunday fair
dancers at Sunday fair

(photo by Saritrace)
Chacaltaya-Jim and me Chacaltaya-Jim and me
Chacaltaya-Jim and me

(photo by Saritrace)
Valle de la Luna Valle de la Luna
Valle de la Luna

(photo by Saritrace)



11th November 2015

Bolivian magic
You have completely transported me to Bolivia with your beautiful descriptions and stunning photos. I love how you've captured the diversity of the people and the landscapes of Bolivia as well as the diversity of the the travelers you meet along the way. Thanks for a wonderful start to my day!
12th November 2015

Bolivian magic
Thanks Rachel! So glad you enjoyed your vicarious journey in Bolivia with me. It is an amazing country, and we've a wonderful community here in TB land!
11th November 2015
Trace and me at Chacaltaya

I always thoroughly enjoy your blogs.
12th November 2015
Trace and me at Chacaltaya

Thanks, Roger!
I'm so happy you enjoy my blogs, and I appreciate your telling me!
12th November 2015

A blog from Tara!
So nice to see a blog from you waiting in my newsfeed this morning - I remember Brendan's trip well, and I loved looking at those food photos! I can see why you are excited to go back to Bolivia :)
12th November 2015

I need Brendan!
Thanks Ren, and yes, finally a blog! I'm afraid that without Brendan, I'm just not the adventurous foodie that he and you two are. I'll see what I can do though, on my next visit--in only five days!
12th November 2015

We enjoyed getting to know you!!!
And seeing the sights with you. Yes, we can be very fast paced.
12th November 2015

So fun!
I loved spending the day with you two very energetic travelers, and I was so touched that you included me in your trip around town--very fun. I'm sure we'll meet again. Buen camino, Bob!
12th November 2015

Updated post
Tara, Lovely to see your recent post. You've on an incredible adventure and glad you are sharing with colorful photos and info. Best wishes.
12th November 2015

Bolivia and Santa Barbara
Heidi--it's so wonderful to hear from you! Yes it has been a great adventure, and I look forward to seeing you again back home, whenever that happens. Thanks for your comment!
12th November 2015

This blog bought back lots of great memories!
Yay! Another blog. Really enjoyed reading this. Had to laugh remembering you nearly getting left behind on the bus journey (sorry!) Can't wait to meet up again, sometime, somewhere!
12th November 2015

Great memories!
Ah yes, Trace--those were some fine times we had. Thanks for sharing your great photos after my camera was pilfered! And thanks, especially for saving me after that rascal bus driver moved the bus! I'm sure we'll meet again!
12th November 2015
San Francisco Monastery

Wow!
Wonderful corridor/tunnel photo you got there!/Ake
12th November 2015
San Francisco Monastery

A spot of symmetry
Well, Ake--that's quite a compliment coming from the king of symmetry! I love cloisters for just this reason. Thanks for noticing and commenting!
13th November 2015

Nice one!
Great to see you blogging again Tara, we've missed your South American antics! Great to get other Tbers involved in your adventures.
13th November 2015

TBers Together
Thanks you two! It was fun to finally share and adventure, and hopefully, I'll start catching up. And so wonderful to meet our community in person--maybe we'll meet up in the Arctic Circle one day...
13th November 2015

different strokes
i love your blog. it has taken me to South America for the first time in my life -- where lots of my wool is grown and spun -- and i adore that monastery. so peaceful. makes me want to get out of the house ... just to sit on one of those benches and knit in the light and shadow. as to the prevalance of certain smells, while lilies may cover urine, chicharones need no cover -- i can smell it now, in that wonderful clear air, the aroma of cracklings filling the skies with gloriousness! thanks, Tara, for taking me with you on such short notice.
13th November 2015

Sights and smells
Thanks so much for reading and commenting, Hollis; glad to have you along! And yes, monastery cloisters are some of my favorite places of peace in noisy cities--perfect for knitting! You're such an adventurous eater that you would love it here--chicharones, ceviche, empanadas--yikes!
14th November 2015

Such Good Memories
Ah, reading this brought back so many good memories. You are a spectacular host and I am glad to have been able to meet up with you several times. I didn't realize how many other TB'ers you had met. I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed with the meal at Gusta's too. I hope we can meet again while you are in South America. Thanks for sharing this wonderfully enjoyable blog.
14th November 2015

Such Good Memories!
Puno, Copa and La Paz--we travel well together, Brendan! I've so appreciated your generosity in bringing heavy supplies--what a guy! Gusta's was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me, and it wouldn't have happened without you--so glad you were impressed with it, too! So, maybe Ecuador next year--who knows!
14th November 2015

Festivals and protests!
Your blog really makes me want to visit Bolivia. I love how you got to see so many festivals and protests!
14th November 2015

Festivals and protests!
I'm a happy blogger if you now want to visit Bolivia! That was my third time in La Paz, and I always saw lots of colorful festivals and protests--lots to celebrate and try to improve. Thanks for reading and commenting.
16th November 2015

Lovely pics
And good to see you are enjoying yourself and meeting fellow TB'ers!
20th November 2015

Thanks, Ralf!
So glad you enjoyed the pictures, and you are right--it was great to meet other TBers. Maybe someday when you visit your family in Lima, we'll have a meet-up!
18th November 2015

Friends and Festivals
Really enjoyed reading about travel bloggers you have met and the ex-pat community. We loved our time in Peru and hope to get back to S.A. to do additional exploring.
20th November 2015

TB friends together
Thanks for reading and commenting! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading of fine meet-ups of our community and visiting Peru. I'll be down here for awhile, so it would be lovely to meet you two down here, too!
5th August 2016

Colorful Bolivia - On so many levels!
Excellent blog Tara. I love reading your descriptive and captivating writing. Your blog brought back so many memories of Bolivia (I was there in Sept 2015). You have provided new info and depth to my short, three-week experience. Also, thank you for commenting on my blog - I'm happy to connect with you via our blogs on TB!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb