Chilling In Copa


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So this morning i woke fairly early although the baby screaming next door, the early church bells and the dogs barking did not make for a great nights sleep, me and adam risked our lifes in the shower with the dodgey bolivan electrics, not together though......lol.

We grabbed breakie at a nice little place and looked round the local church which was cool and then we looked round the shore which was nice till we saw rubbish dumped, it appears that alot of south american countrys dont care about the environment.

I then found a hostel for 15 bolivanos and moved my stuff and then we had a wonder round town and we both bought water bottles for cusco in an outdoor store and then we met the couple from yesterday and they and adam booked there la paz tickets for the 1pm bus and i booked my sailing over to isla del sol for tomorrow and then we all chatted and hung out.

Then adam took my email address and i waved them off and now im solo again, its dissapointing to lose a travel buddy and sometimes its not so easy to travel solo.

I grabbed a three course lunch for 15 bolivanos and then i went for a hike up a nearby hill and the view was great, but it was strewn with graffiti and rubbish and then i climbe up another hill and rubbish again.

I then walked back to town and chatted to some brazilan and argentine travelers for a while and then i headed back to the hostel and met a nice french candian girl called Rene and we chatted and then arranged to grab some food later as she had been at isla del sol most of the day and wanted to sleep and i went for a rest and a read of my book, i recentley finished a book called one red paper clip and its awesome and worth a read if you can get a copy.

So we met up at the hostal and wemt and grabbed a bite to eat at the same place as the night before and we chatted about canada and other stuff and she is traveling in argentine and few weeks in boliva to get away from the Canadian cold. We then said our good nights and i went to grab some sleep as i had an early start.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb