Bolivia here we come


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Copacabana
September 24th 2005
Published: October 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Beers at SunsetBeers at SunsetBeers at Sunset

It is always a great idea to chill out and drink a quick one after a long hot day.
Copacabana, yes like the song, sit on the shores of Lake Titicaca. This is an immense lake that sits at nearly 4000m on the border of Peru and Bolivia and is an immensely beautiful, if a little cold, place to chill out for a few days and recover from you Inca Trail experiences in Peru. It is considered the highest navigable lake in the world. The lake makes for really great sunsets. The main attraction is the supposed location of the beginning of the Incas (birth place of their first god), know as the Island of the Sun. Personally I was not that impressed as there was not a huge amount of ruins. Considering what they built in Peru it seems a little suspect that there was only one small building at their legendary birth place! I think it is just a story to get the tourist to travel a little and spend some money.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Sunset colorsSunset colors
Sunset colors

When you have to endure such horrible beauty, what more is there to do but have another beer.
Darkness descendsDarkness descends
Darkness descends

Not too much to say on this one, except wow.
Great days hikingGreat days hiking
Great days hiking

This was the view all day on the Island of the Sun, and it really was that warm. Hard to beleive we are at nearly 4500 meters.
Dragons and MountainsDragons and Mountains
Dragons and Mountains

This is a boat built from reeds and is an old local tradition as a scare tactic. Really cool boat.
The LakeThe Lake
The Lake

Nice little panorama for you guys


Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb