Day 41 - Bolivia's White City


Advertisement
Published: May 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So our hostel didn't have our reservation from hostelbookers.com but luckily had a room free. Wanting some privacy we had opted for a "matrimonial" room (avoiding our mistake in Uyuni of asking for a "doble" and getting a twin!) which was the biggest bargain of the trip at 9 quid for the room, TV included!

Dumping our bags we headed into town for some brekkie - not having eaten since a piece of cake at 5pm the previous day! We had a hearty English style breakfast (scrambled eggs and bacon for me and an omelette for Chris) and then had the camera out for non-stop photo taking as we strolled through the numerous squares, churches and streets lined with magnificently white ornate buildings.

After checking into our room properly (I have to laugh when hostels review themselves as having friendly staff - this usually means anything but! Bring back Roberto!) a nap was necessary for me until lunch at Cafe Tetulias. We made the mistake of sitting by the window where we were harassed by sellers and children begging until we moved! In the evening we took full advantage of having a TV in our room when feeling very tired - hopping into bed at 7pm to catch a couple of English films before sleep!

Chris's Corner

We jumped off the bus into a bustling area surrounding the bus station and I had flashbacks to Santiago. But after taking a taxi (1 pound for 2km!) to the centre was pleasantly surprised at how relaxed and quiet the dazzling whitewashed Sucre is. We definitely like this place for its chilled atmosphere and decided a couple of days could be on the cards.

Lunch wasn't quit enough for me. Loin of beef and chops not quite living up to the 3/4 course almuerzos of the previous days. I definitely got food envy watching Sophie tuck into her decent sized spaghetti but forgot my remaining hunger when we headed for an early bed.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 82; dbt: 0.0832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb