Sucre, Bolivia


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Chuquisaca Department » Sucre
February 10th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After ¨Día del Compadre¨, I headed to Sucre with the three guys I met in Potosí. Cool little town (actually quite a bit bigger than the other towns I have visited), all the buildings are white, cobblestone streets, plazas and churches everywhere you look (weird, I know, that never happens here). We just stayed there for about three nights before my new friends headed off to Cochabamba and I grabbed a bus southbound to Tarija.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

CastilloCastillo
Castillo

Me, and the José´s in the backyard of the castle.
Government BuildingGovernment Building
Government Building

All the buildings are white and there are bolivian flags everywhere (red, green and yellow).
Friends and a churchFriends and a church
Friends and a church

Two of the guys I met in Potosí, José (Mexican) and José (Chilean). A few of the days we just cruised around the town, checking out museums and whatnot.
El PuebloEl Pueblo
El Pueblo

All the buildings are white, cobblestone streets, vendors on every corner, quite the family town. Buena onda aquí, I really liked Sucre.
José y el castilloJosé y el castillo
José y el castillo

There was a beautiful castle right outside of town that we took a tour of.
Hangin´Hangin´
Hangin´

Hanging out at the castle after the tour.
Mercadoooo!Mercadoooo!
Mercadoooo!

I loveee the markets here!
AmigosAmigos
Amigos

A bunch of people we met on the tour of the castle then ran into in the middle of town.
Waterballoon Fight!Waterballoon Fight!
Waterballoon Fight!

So apparently this isn´t just a Potosí thing... in Sucre and Tarija they do the waterfights too. We were walking in the middle of town and all of these kids started mobbing down the street singing, dancing, squirtgunning, throwing waterballons, etc.
MujerMujer
Mujer

¨ni sumisa, ni devota. libre, loca y linda.¨


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb