Sucre: Bolivia´s Constitutional Capital


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sucre was exactly what we needed after our Salt Flats excursion. We decided to splurge and stay at a ***** hotel. (That´s right, a 5 star hotel) For 4 nights and some room service, it cost each of us under $100 CND total. The hotel was called Hostal de su Merced. (http://www.desumerced.com/) Their rooftop terrace was breathtaking. A great place to refuel.

In Sucre we did lots of walking around. The main plaza is very pretty and very clean relative to some of the other places we've visited.

One night we decided to do something different so we went to a show called ¨Origines de fantasia.¨ It was a dance show demonstrating Bolivian folklore from around the country. The dancing was nothing spectalur but seeing the costumes and the differences in the dances was. Tickets cost 50 bolivianos. Well worth it.

Some of the other highlights include:

1. The Libertad museum.
2. Museo de Arte Indigena (Weave Museum)
3. The architecture
4. The market
5. The food
6. The Carnival
7. The cinema: Mall Cop and Fast & Furious
8. The relaxing

Restaurants:

Cozzolisi: (Plaza 25 de Mayo No 37. Tel: 6441720)

Upon our
ChocolateChocolateChocolate

Seth, Gali
arrival to Sucre it was late and most restaurants were closed. Cozzolisi Pizza & Pasta wasn´t. The owner was even kind enough to stay open later so we could stay and eat there instead of taking our pizza to go. Not only was she lovely, but the pizza was delicious! We even went back another night. A few days later we figured out that Cozzolisi is the Bolivian equivalent to Pizza Hut. (With better pizza!)

La Posada: (Calle Audiencia 92 Tel: 59146460101)

We visited this lunch spot twice while in Sucre. Both times delicious. I had the chicken, once the brochettes, the other time the spicy one. The girls had fish. This restaurant has indoor and outdoor sitting. It is a good place for dinner but better for lunch where you can sit in the lovely courtyard.

Para-Ti:

Delicious chocolate. Enough Said!

(The camera was a little off so some of the pictures are really dark. Its working better now)


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

ViewView
View

Dani, Gali
UniversityUniversity
University

Where it all began
SucreSucre
Sucre

Gali
SucreSucre
Sucre

Gali
ChurchChurch
Church

Dani, Gali, Seth
Weave MuseumWeave Museum
Weave Museum

Nice Braid Dude


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb