mosquitos anyone? yes please..rurrenabaque pampas tour


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Beni Department » Rurrenabaque
November 20th 2006
Published: December 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

our tiny play to rurrenabaqeour tiny play to rurrenabaqeour tiny play to rurrenabaqe

im feeling very ill and hungover at this point the the prev nights antics.
I love this place minus the mosquitos ofcourse. Went on a tiny plane to the rurrenabaque which skirts the amazon and pampas (wetlands and surrounding area). w chose anaconda tours and went into the pampas for 3 days. This waskind of like the pantanal in brazil however the trip was mainly on a large motor cannoe which zips through the rivers where you can see many birds, alligaters, anacondas and pink river dolphins.

on the 1st night at about 9pm we went back out on the canoe from our camp to spot alligators in the river with a torch, saw a few, the most amazig part was seeing all the stars there are millions of them as its really dark there no lights or pollution...amazing!

2nd day spend 4 hours trapsing round a hugh swamp in wellies looking for anacondas....apparently if you stand on one they bite you!...didnt find any but did hold a rather large frog and was kept entertained by the millions of giant cattapillars that live in the vegatation of the swap we were walking round!

ppted out of getting out of the cannoe to swim with the dolphins as the water was greeny brown
monkeys everywheremonkeys everywheremonkeys everywhere

theres millions of monkeys in this place this picture was taken whilts going down the river on the cannoe
and stinky and the dolphines where about 5 meters away anyway but was cool to see then bobbing around.

The guide later braught back a hugh anaconda fropm somewhere, said hes found it....i reccon it was the local pet the camps share!!!

There were lots of monkeys in our camp to keep me entertained and the food was excellent..always a winner!! we made jungle jewelry from aligator teeth, and hard berries, i made a bracelet and its mint but im hoping the alligator tooth fairy left me his teeth of his own accord and not unnatural causes.

i wished we had more time here and not had a flight back as could have chilled here for a while, also would have liked to have gone into the jungle to learn about the plants and medicines and visited the local communities...considered zip lining (thats swinging though canopies of jungle on a wire but have really bad tooth ache so opted for sitting by the pool all day listening to abit aof bob marley!)





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

having a quick naphaving a quick nap
having a quick nap

though id take a good opertunity on the 3 hour boat ride to have a quick nap...
i havent turned into a princess yet!!i havent turned into a princess yet!!
i havent turned into a princess yet!!

this is where we spent 4 hours looking for anacondas..no anacondas here but there was a frog which was really sweet so i thought id kiss it...mmmeee
alternative methods of keeping your face from being mauled by mozziesalternative methods of keeping your face from being mauled by mozzies
alternative methods of keeping your face from being mauled by mozzies

this is my frien jonny looking like abit of a pleb...you have to understand though these mosquitos are as big as monkeys with teeth like jaws!
i really wanted to swim in therei really wanted to swim in there
i really wanted to swim in there

this is where the pink river dolphins hang out, you can go swimming with them...bearing in ming also aligators, snakes etc also like to take a dip here!
sunrise over the pampassunrise over the pampas
sunrise over the pampas

we have to get up at 5.50 to see this was amazing!
our groupour group
our group

the food was amazing here


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb