Salta the beautiful made better with friends


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
March 5th 2013
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -25, -64.5

Two years ago we were here with friends Bill and Inga from Montana and did a 3 day tour with Angie Valdez we will never forget.

Check here for stories and pictues of our trip through Purmamarca, the salt flats and up into Bolivia:
http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/bobnkaren/1/1267740968/tpod.html

Angie's an amazing guide and friend. We've kept up our friendship and while in Salta this year she invited us to her home for dinner and to meet her family.

When you get to know an Argentinean they're yours for life! We loved being in her home and visiting with her two girls--her son and husband could hardly get a word in edgewise, I'm afraid, but what a fun evening.

She dashed home from a day-long tour, whipped up a batch of empanadas, picked us up at the hotel, drove us over to her house and wouldn't let us take a cab home. Next day she had to head out on another tour--it was so sweet of her and the family to squeeze in time for a couple of strays from Montana.

I mean...have you SEEN empanadas? You don't throw those things together in an hour--it's a two day thing.

I'm so in love with empanadas I'm going to make them for all my friends when I get home, so come on over!




Advertisement



14th March 2013

What a beautiful photo

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb