Bob's golf challenge falls through


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
March 9th 2010
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

La Cumbre Golf ClubLa Cumbre Golf ClubLa Cumbre Golf Club

Angel Cabrerra's home course, we're told.
Geo: -30.9834, -64.5

So far, my favorite and certainly the cleanest town we've visited in all of Argentina. Beautiful, well manicured plazas and an attractive downtown business area are just a small part of it's charm.

The hills above offer great para-gliding and beautiful scenery from below. Today was a cloudy, grey day, but we decided to play golf at La Cumbre Golf Club.

The home course of Angel Cabrerra and for you non-golfers, he's the Tiger Woods of Argentina and won the Masters a few year's back on the American professionals tour.

Since he was too chicken to show up, I had to play with Karen. We paid for our greens fee and rented one set of clubs to use between the two of us, purchased 6 golf balls that would have been rejected by the Village Greens driving range, and 4 tees--three of which were too short.

The cost for club rentals, balls, tees and pull cart far exceeded the cost of the greens fee. We stumbled through the course in our usual fashion and were completely tired out, but it was most enjoyable. We're at almost 5,000 feet, so maybe that helped to wear us out, too.

Keith will be able to buy
Club HouseClub HouseClub House

We walked here yesterday and asked about golfing, but we couldn't rent clubs yesterday--no one there to work the pro shop. Couldn't buy a drink, either--no one working. I guess Monday's aren't big days here.
a farm with all the dollars he stands to win from me.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

You see that straight left arm?You see that straight left arm?
You see that straight left arm?

Bob's so proud of me...
One more lovely home by golf courseOne more lovely home by golf course
One more lovely home by golf course

This area we're told is where high society Portenos (people from Buenos Aires) built their summer homes.


10th March 2010

Go girl go
16th March 2010

Looks like some place in Europe! Beautiful!!
16th March 2010

There was a lot of German influence in this area--the similarity I'm sure, was intended. And yes, it was very beautiful.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb