Puerto Iguazu, (The Argentinian side)


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
March 6th 2012
Published: March 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After 3 days at Foz do Iguazu, it was time to venture the the Argentinian side of the waterfalls. We had heard from many people that the Argentinian side is incredible, and much better than the Brazilian side. We arrived to the small town after a cheeky transfer across the border (where we didnt even have to show our faces). Our hostel, Marco Polo was rather big which makes it harder to bump in to people, but had a pool which was good.



Much like Foz do Iguazu, there isnt much to do here other than to see the falls. We went in search of a decent bank and internet cafe on our first day. But day 2 involved a full day at the waterfalls. We boarded the 7.40am bus and arrived at the park as it opened. We decided to head straight to the furthest part of the park as it involved catching a small train. The view from over the Devils throat is amazing! The walkways are set over the top of where the waterfalls cascade down, meaning that you get absolutely soaked as the spray fires straight back up to where you stand!


We also booked a boat ride as we were told it is not to be missed, so we ventured to one of the lower trails, getting some great photos along the way. The boat ride involves dipping in and out of a small waterfall, then heading around to a much larger and much more ferocious one, where you get absolutely soaked (Hayden wore a raincoat which didnt help at all)! It was absolutely amazing being under the might of a giant waterfall, feeling so helpless in the arms of nature was rather invigorating!


We spent a whole day at the waterfalls, as there was so much to see. We totally agree with everyone that it is the better side to see the falls from, as you get to experince the falls up close, taking in the sounds and different sides of the mighty Iguazu falls.


TIPS:
- Cover your camera by the Devils throat as it gets very wet!
- Get there early, you will need the whole day.
- Beware of the many small racoon type animals running around, they ripped Lucy´s bag looking for food!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb