Ciao Buenos Aires....


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
October 6th 2009
Published: July 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A quick update as about to take pepe out in Buenos Aires for a thank you dinner for all his incredible hospitality. I leave the city at 830am tomo and am not sure whyen ill be back online....

Since arriving back from moonlight walking at iguazu, we have wandered the streets of BA eating the most delicious helados, explored recolleto's cemetary and been out to Tigre - the bucolic delta 1 hour north of the city where the houses are built on stilts and its like a verdant amersterdam but remarkably similar to Henley on the main tributary!!

I have had 2 unbelievable weeks here and tomo i leave with the dragoman gang for central argentina and 8 nights of camping. If you are interested in checking ot the route then here is the link http://www.dragoman.com/destinations/tripdetails.php?cat=lqb They seem a good bunch - a v varied crowd of people led by a tall ecquadorian called daniel.. I imagine his bedpost looks like a beaver has been at it vociferously, with the amount of notches it has!!

There are rather more 20 something giggly blond girlies straight out of uni than id like but a good bunch of 30 somethings who seem decent and a couple of 50yr old men...! Its a new experience for sure.....17 of us in a huge 4x4 truck heading north and west......first stop is a few nights in a bush camp at an estancia where we are horse riding all day to waterfalls, rafting and flying foxing ... hoping there may be some non-adrenaline activities to partake in!

Enjoying it here sooo much. Its all about beef, great wine , music and much much more awaits.... tho apparently its feckin freezing in Bolivia so we shall be alpaca wool shopping when we get there - in about 2 weeks. Going via the atacama in chile to acclimatise to the altitude so a night at 2300m before heading up to potosi at c 4000m. eeekkk

Not managed to get any photos uponline yet Im afraid - sorry!

Ciao for now. x



Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb