Colonic Irrigation!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
October 12th 2005
Published: October 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Shadow dancing.Shadow dancing.Shadow dancing.

Tango anyone?... hmm needs work!
After a mammoth journey from Colonia Pellegrini involving the return 3hr minibus ride and a further 7 1/2hr bus ride, we arrived in the town of Colon. This had been recommended by a German lady now living in Argentina. It was a good choice, especially considering the Hostel we found.. A quick visit to the Tourist office directed us to Hostel Sophie, a new H.I. (Hostel International) set up and owned by a really friendly helpful party animal! - Marcella. She had a helping hand in Gerrard, an english guy who was taking a break from travelling.
The first night, they cooked for the Hostel guests.. Promising 9 o´clock, the food arrived at 11:20pm. Unfortunately, Lin was in bed by then!
I stayed up until 3 am, chatting with another English couple (Gavin & Sarah) who we promised to meet in Sydney for New Year.
Our first full day in Colon was spent at the 'Termas'. A hot springs complex on the edge of town. This was a really relaxing day, apart from the high pressure jets which were like an aggressive massage!
Two Kiwis (Mervym & Jodi) staying in the Hostel recommended a boat trip out to a huge Sand
Sandbar.Sandbar.Sandbar.

Walking the sand plank!
bar in the middle of the Rio Uruguay. We found the guy in charge (Scottish Charlie) and his enthusiasm for the tour and the ecology sold us.
What we didn't expect was that not only did we have a good time going out to the sandbar, but he also persuaded us to go to a folk song performance by our Hostel owners husband in the local theatre. There was apparently food organised for afterwards. This turned out to mean Charlie, Lin and myself eating in his house while his wife kept our glasses filled, and the meat coming from his outdoor cooker.
As bizarre an evening as we´ve had so far!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Sunset Colon style.Sunset Colon style.
Sunset Colon style.

Quick dip anyone?
Hostel Sophie.Hostel Sophie.
Hostel Sophie.

Hostess extraordinaire.. and an alcoholic!


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb