Dia de campo


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
December 29th 2022
Published: January 1st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today was an experiment in what the combination of jet lag, heat and red wine at lunch can do to someone. The answer is probably pretty obvious but let’s go through the process regardless.

We were picked up and driven about 90 minutes (very fast!) outside of Buenos Aires to Estancia El Ombu, a beautiful working ranch at San Antonio de Areco. The building dates from the 1800s and it was built by Italian immigrants. As well as the cattle, the now cater (very well) to tourists seeking a day in the country. Or girls seeking to hang out with horses and dogs. And their parents seeking to eat meat and drink red wine. What’s not to like?!

So we did just that. A quick horse ride around the property followed by a splash around in an absolutely gorgeous pool followed by lunch. Seven different types of meat. Wine. Then there was some music and dancing but some people were availing themselves of the relaxation facilities of the property (napping under a tree on the provided sun lounges) and some were playing with dogs. The entertainment was concluded with a horse who demonstrated exactly what red wine, jet lag and can do…


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0923s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb