It is not true.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego
December 10th 2019
Published: December 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

It is rumoured that Kevin and I drink large quantities of Malbec when we are on holiday. We have been led to believe that you all believe this. It is not true. The photos that Kevin posts are posed and enhanced by Photoshop to reinforce this myth. After all, to date we have but visited only about 8 to 10 wineries, a trivial number. It is also not true that we did, as often as possible, hire bicycles and taxis so that we could drink unconstrained. Of course, the main reason for our winery visits was to gain a deep understanding of horticultural methods in desert climes. We learned a great deal about vine propagation and controlled irrigation. All I can remember is that the very large roadside irrigation channels are quite a hazard to the drunken cyclists. Also, grapes can be given too much water thus making a desert with access to water from nearby mountains ideal for the growing of the grape for the making of the wine. Mendoza has a network of man-made rivers and drains only for irrigation. Our one error of judgement was to mistake an olive farm for a winery and enjoy the tasting, the only occasion on which we returned quite sober. When the Budds arrived our drinking shrank.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb