Not exactly al fin del mundo, but close to it


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Tierra del Fuego » Ushuaia
October 1st 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Boo-yah, the last couple of weeks were kinda fun, I reckon. We're still in Argentina, going on to Chile soon. After Buenos Aires we went to Mendoza on a 13-hour bus ride. Very nice city. Next stop was San Rafael, where we did a small tour to a Canyon nearby, which was quite nice. Just the perpetual staring of the people on the tour was a bit annoying, and I have no idea why mullets and blue tracksuits are popular...with Argentinian girls. We then went on to Puerto Madryn via Neuquén. Madryn is the city where everybody goes to do Whale Watching, Penguin Molesting, and Robbenkloppen, so we joined in with the mindless hordes in happy snapping and being easily amused. We also drank Welsh tea in a settlement called Gaiman. Oh, and the Penguins tried to attack me. after that, we went on two bus rides which took us a total of thirty hours, four border checks and a myriad of entry and exit stamps in our passports to reach Ushuaia. That was last Saturday, and since then, we've been indulging in finally eating home-cooked food again, hiking in the gorgeous Tierra del Fuego National Park and trying but failing miserably in the finer details of Mate ritual and culture.

By the way, I'm not gonna put more details into this until I get some emails and comments from you, and from you. You know who you are. I feel a bit detached currently, so I need some reminders of what it's like at home, and what's going on. Thanks, biatches!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb