end of the world


Advertisement
Published: February 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Now this was a journey and a half after a brief stop over in rio galego were were off to ushuaia the most southern tip of the world. Now it took us what felt like a million hours to get there as you have to exit argentina enter chile then lkeave chile and reenter argentina so lots of border crossing.

We after about a 15 hour bus journey to the town and ofcourse like mourons didnt pre book accomadation and it is peak season...so there was 8 of us me, hannah,naiomi,moyo,gill,wes,lior and danny...it was 1am and no where to sleep the hostals were all full....luckily a nice lady who worked in one of the restraunts took pity on us and said we could all stay in her front room, so off we went.

We were so greatful to have a roof over our heads what a god send! the next day we found a hostal and luckily thay had space for us all! we spent the 1st day going up on the chair lift to the glacier, it was snowing but we had rubber rainmacks on but it was freezing i couldnt feel my hands, there was some sort of blizzard blowing when we we on the lifts!

had great fun sliding down the glacier in out macks! they were perfect portable sliding material!

2nd day we went to the tierra del fuego national park for a 6 hour hike. What a grat place walking through the woods to the ocean..fantastick! this hike was great as no massive hills, it did rain and was really windy but the scenery was so amazing you forgott about the weather!






Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

me and gill me and gill
me and gill

it was pretty wind on the boat to ushuia
this is where we slept this is where we slept
this is where we slept

erm some nice lady took us in and we slep on her front room floor..very cosy!
us in the snow us in the snow
us in the snow

this is the mountain where there are glaciers
now this is funnow this is fun
now this is fun

these rain coats are perfect to hurl yourself down the snow in!


Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb