Rosario


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Fe » Rosario
March 16th 2013
Published: March 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Grand Adventure 2013

Buenos Aires, ArgentinaRosario, ArgentinaParana, Argentina

Arrived in Rosario, 12th March, following a 4 hour bus ride through flat, green and fertile agricultural land. After checking into our Hostel we went straight out for a walk down the pedestrianised central street down to the river for a walk and meal. You can not move for people jogging, cycling, skating and enjoying the public parks and walkways it gives the town a lovely atmosphere. Second day we saw the colossal monument to the designer of the argentine flag (Manuel Belgrano). He is buried beneath it, overlooking the Parana delta which Rosarinos are very proud of along with the fact that Che Guevara and Lionel Messi were both born here. Day three we found a wonderful Parrilla (steak house), which was taken over by the staff after the owners went bust and is now run as a cooperative and had some fabulous steak, then to Rosarios microbrewery Fenicia for some real ale. Later that evening the Hostel owner had an Asado (argentine BBQ) at the Hostel for his birthday with a combination of friends, family, and international guests from the Hostel which was really lovely, so we had more beef for supper!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Monumento del BanderoMonumento del Bandero
Monumento del Bandero

This photo doesn´t really capture the true scale of this monument, it is huge.
Parana DeltaParana Delta
Parana Delta

Taken from Rosario River front walk
Fishing PontoonFishing Pontoon
Fishing Pontoon

Nice facilities on this fishing pontoon, sinks for gutting, benches, rod holders, very good ideal.
BBQ AreaBBQ Area
BBQ Area

In case you catch a fish, there are bbq and pic nic benches provided.


19th March 2013

:-)Emotional!
So so great to be with you on your travels...What a bonus joining in on the BBQ,I can tell its all you hoped for and more...sounds like Rosario is the place to be and boy are you travelling.XX

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb