FACES OF PATAGONIA: When the best laid plans come unstuck if you find No Hay


Advertisement
Published: March 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

FACES OF PATAGONIA: When the best laid plans come unstuck if you find No Hay. "Serendipity" is Travelblog's middle name. Where wonderful things happen by accident...awesome finds when you are not looking for them...lucky to do so...quests leading to the delightfully unexpected. Horace Walpole first penned the meaning in 1754 describing how princes in Serendip (Sri Lanka) were “always maki... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

JULIAJULIA
JULIA

La Siberia
RONNIE & THE JUDGERONNIE & THE JUDGE
RONNIE & THE JUDGE

The road from Rio Maya
UK, CECILIA, ZINA & DENISEUK, CECILIA, ZINA & DENISE
UK, CECILIA, ZINA & DENISE

Party on the road from Rio Maya
GUANACOSGUANACOS
GUANACOS

La Siberia
GUANACOSGUANACOS
GUANACOS

La Siberia
GUANACOSGUANACOS
GUANACOS

La Siberia
CHRISTIANCHRISTIAN
CHRISTIAN

Esquel
THE BANDTHE BAND
THE BAND

Los Antiguos
SMILE OF VICTORYSMILE OF VICTORY
SMILE OF VICTORY

Lago Posadas Los Indios paintings
THE DANCING DUOTHE DANCING DUO
THE DANCING DUO

El Chaltern
THE FRENCHTHE FRENCH
THE FRENCH

El Chaltern
MASSIMOMASSIMO
MASSIMO

El Calafate
THE AUSSIESTHE AUSSIES
THE AUSSIES

El Calafate
OTISOTIS
OTIS

Glacier Gray, Torres del Paine, Chile



15th March 2014
LIKE RAPTORS IN JURASSIC PARK

Oh, I love the surprises you guys encounter.
15th March 2014
LIKE RAPTORS IN JURASSIC PARK

Thanks Michelle
A funny moment...the sort of thing that sticks in the memory. You can see Denise in the vehicle...guanacoses not letting her out.
15th March 2014
THE MERCEDES OF ALL MUMS

Beautiful!!!!!
15th March 2014
THE MERCEDES OF ALL MUMS

Beautiful!!!!!
Mercedes looked after us for a week in B.A. before we headed to Patagonia when she was ready to pop. What a joy to see proud mum and new baby before our return to Oz.
15th March 2014

Very Nice
I like all the photographs of people. Really nice to see this. Not many blogs have a photographic essay of peoples faces...it does describe the region in terms that are very different from the written word. Great!
15th March 2014

photographic essay of peoples faces
Thank you for commenting Samuel. The people we meet can define the trip. To me the faces relive many experiences, conversations, emotions and their special meeting places. It all started in Tibet and is why all of my destinations result in a portrait blog.
15th March 2014

The King and Queen of Serendipity
So wise to go for the treasure present--a day with your friends Zina and Ronnie--than to go for a tick-it-off the list tourist site! Surprises/serendipity makes the travel an adventure. Not to mention the quest for petrol, and veering off on an hypotenuse to meet the Patagonian cake queens and their telenovelas and guanacos. Quite an adventure!
16th March 2014

The King and Queen of Serendipity
I expect you Tara as the Queen of Patagonia would relate to the little stories in this blog...every day for you a series of unexpected adventures. Its often the little things that make life interesting. The one that we remember most is when we came to the fork in the road in the middle of nowhere that was only saved as I had 4 maps. Like...when do you carry 4 maps? Never done that before or since. Serendipity???
15th March 2014
LIKE RAPTORS IN JURASSIC PARK

Priceless
My favorite photo
16th March 2014
LIKE RAPTORS IN JURASSIC PARK

Priceless
Thanks MJ. A photo that always brings back the fun times we had in Patagonia.
15th March 2014

Life of adventure
Living the dream....we continue to follow along and enjoy the stories.
16th March 2014

Life of adventure
Simple but real stories on the road that can define a trip. Glad your response ensures they are worth the telling. Enjoy your Isle of Man & Eire trip and ensure you also have heaps of good times worth the telling.
16th March 2014

Serendipitous it may be...
Fortune favours the brave. And when Denise has got the Tango... No Hay Imposibles!
16th March 2014

Serendipitous it may be...
"And when Denise has got the Tango... No Hay Imposibles!" Quite right Jason. And when Denise has got the Tango...I a happy chappie am guaranteed to be!!!
16th March 2014

MY PLACE
MY PLACE IN THE WORLD IS THE WORLD ITSELF BUT THIS TIME YOU VISITED MY PLACE, ARGENTINA, THE LAND WHERE I LIVE. I AM GLAD TO KNOW YOU ENJOYED, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAD SOME PROBLEMS. I LIKE THE PICTURES YOU TOOK, EACH FACE SHOWS A LOT ABOUT US. PATAGONIA IS ENDLESS. I HAVE TRAVELLED THERE IN 3 TIMES AND I STILL HAVEN´T FINISHED, WHICH IS VERY GOOD.
16th March 2014

YOUR PLACE
Thank you for your comments Graciela. The faces in this blog show the variety of people that made our trip so memorable...all friendly and generous of spirit. I still have some more blogs to come showing the stunning landscapes of Patagonia which I hope you enjoy.
6th May 2014

Lovely Portraits
Enjoyed each one. Lovely. Esp that photo of "smile of victory" and that of the dancing duo.
6th May 2014

Lovely Portraits
Thanks Lili. Portraits bring back special memories of special times...possibly because smiles lift one's spirits. The smile of victory always makes me smile...the handsome gaucho...the young hitchhikers that swooned when I played them some blues...Julia from La Siberia with a pineapple...where on earth did she get that from?
26th May 2014

Serendipity
Pity the person who is gifted such encounters, but doesn't view them as fate. They miss sucking all the joys (and petrol) out of their adventure.
26th May 2014

Serendipity
Is serendipity fate Jo? Interesting question. Is it sagacity to question Trouble? Mmmm...how deep is the water I'm venturing into? How long can I tread water? Am I tempting fate to even ask?
26th May 2014
LIKE RAPTORS IN JURASSIC PARK

Glad you rescued Denise, but great you took the photo first :-)
26th May 2014
LIKE RAPTORS IN JURASSIC PARK

Rescue
There was something about the incident that needed a pic Jo. Always great to so record a funny moment that brings it all back.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 19; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb