Day 23, 24, 25 and 26


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » Los Antiguos
February 9th 2011
Published: February 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our placeOur placeOur place

No not the large one on the left, but that small rectangle on the right
We had come to Los Antiguos to relax for a few days. Living out of a backpack, hiking, travelling, constantly being on the move can be tiring. So we decided that we were going to relax and enjoy, and neither Anna nor myself could have asked for a better spot.

So we packed a picnic and headed to the lake. The water is cold, but crystal clear, I went in to about shoulder level, that is around 170cm, and I could still see my feet.

Afterwards, to celebrate life we went out to dinner at a place called Morena Mia, the only place in town where we could find a WiFi connection that actually work. There we drank some delightful Argentinean white wine while munching through a gigantic pizza.

10/02/2011 - Day 24

As Los Antiguos is famous for its cherries we decided to visit a cherry farm. Had a great time, and bought some cherry liqueur., which we are enjoying.

11/02/2011 - Day 25

Tried to relax but I had some tax stuff to take care of, so while I did what I needed to do Anna went to the lake and had a relaxing afternoon.

12/02/2011 - Day 26

And so our time in Los Antiguos came to an end, oh what pain. Up at 4am, yes we could have slept in a bit since our bus didn’t leave until 6, though we were told to be there by 5:45. But at that time of the morning we weren’t going to be fast. It took a full hour and three cups of coffee before we even started talking to each other.

After a 45 minute bus trip to Perito Moreno we made our way to the hostel from where we caught the next bus at 8am. Then it was just a slow, painful, tiring 13 hour bus trip to Bariloche where we checked into our hostel. On entering the guy at the reception told us of some great places to go for both chocolate and food. Everyone was smiling and the atmosphere was great. However we were both destroyed so we had something to eat and a couple of cold beers before collapsing onto our beds.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Some are braver than othersSome are braver than others
Some are braver than others

The water was very cold


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb