El Calafate - Ziplining


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Calafate
March 16th 2013
Published: March 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


The view from the farmhouseThe view from the farmhouseThe view from the farmhouse

Torres Del Paine is on the left
Today we went ziplining (flying fox). It was Emiliano's idea, as it was his last day of his holiday, and we had booked it the night before. Unfortunately, he has come down with the cold that has been making its way through all of us, and has bailed out. Just leaving Jo, Mike and myself to do it on another beautiful day.

We drive about an hour out of El Calafate to a private farm, where they do eco tours. The zipline circuit for us is 2.5km's over 5 individual lines, weaving its way down a small mountain. After getting up the mountain in a 4x4 we are greeted with the first line, 544 metres in length and 60 metres high. We have tremendous views over towards Torres Del Paine, 450km away, and can actually make out the three towers with the naked eye. If there was no moutains in the way, i would not be suprised if you could see almost 1000km, its unbelievable.

It takes just over an hour for all of us to zipline down the mountain, and head back to the farmhouse, where we are told we can hang around for another 4 hours and trek out to a lagoon about 4k away where there are flamingo's. We buy some empanada's for lunch, stuff them in our bag and head off. Although flat, the walk is tiring, as the sun is hot and the ground is rock hard, crusty, and really uneven caused by dry and deep cow foot imprints from when it rained last.

We get to the lagoon, and of course the flamingo's take fright and choof off to the other side of the lagoon. Nevertheless, the vista over the lagoons towards the mountains is amazing and we chill out for a few hours eating empanadas and taking it all in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Torres Del PaineTorres Del Paine
Torres Del Paine

450km's away


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb