Salta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Salta
January 22nd 2012
Published: January 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Salta here we come..... Not quite as hot here even though we are near to the top of west Argentina. Hired a car and head up in the mountains to a maximum height of 4170metres. All of the towns are very Indian sounding with Humahuaca, Purmamarca, Cachi, and it goes on....... Travelled some rugged, terrible roads, mostly on Route 40. Our little 2 wheel drive hire car lasted the distance driving through sand, mud, streams, potholes, winding around the mountains, and not one flat tyre. We saw the most amazing landscapes - lush forests, salt pans (Salinas Grandes) multi colored mountains some covered in cacti, most bare. Climbing up high into the clouds, with your ears popping at great heights. Then on down south of Salta to Cachi and Cafayte (wine country) and had the opportunity to stay the night on an Estancia (ranch). Off to the most spectacular falls in the world - Iguazu situated on the border of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay. We return to Perth in 3 days time and can't believe our trip is soon coming to a close.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb