Salta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Salta
November 27th 2009
Published: November 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well Buongiorno,

Its Friday morning and Im sitting on the porch of Casa Hernandez in San Lorenzo, Salta,.......ma che bella giornata!!!......

Lets go back a little........after what was a superb dinner in Cafayate we emerged at about midnight to find this fabulous little bodega open ......so after the briefest of deliberations we decided to join them.....more Malbec.....Music.....Merriment......Malbec.....Mus......you get the idea ( see images )......

Next morning bade the girls a fond farewell, and left them to their cycling, wine, dancing and the rest of their trip which ends in March next year......

The drive back to Salta was much easier as this was on an all tarmac road......however it was no less spectacular, and took me the best part of the day as I kept stopping for photographic opportunities......see images. This whole area is one place where I would like to return to and spend a lot more time.

Today is a chill day......no photography......am off to a bodega in Salta to arrange some Malbec to be shipped home and then get ready for my evening flight to Buenos Aires........this leaves General Belgrano Airport Salta at 20.40
and after a stopover get the 07.30 to Islas Malvinas Airport in Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego arriving at 11.05am.....this part of the trip I am really looking forward to.....they have told me to expect high winds and cold...........sounds like the North East!!!!!!
I will miss Salta .....the climate ( very like Italy in July but no insects!!!!!!...and a gentle breeze )...and more importantly, the people. Alex and Reijkje have been wondefull hosts and all the people I have met have been kind and welcoming......and oh did I mention the steaks and the Malbec............

Adios,

Mario


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Floods!!!Floods!!!
Floods!!!

Massive floods on way back made driving interesting......Hertz didnt charge to clean the car,thankfully!!!!!


28th November 2009

Floods
Hi Mario! You are having quite an adventure!! Glad you are enjoying yourself. The floods in Cumbria have been dreadful. Fortunately this time the North East has had really good weather recently. Yesterday we had a very successful morning with our exhibition of photos and coffee morning. Customers and APG members really enjoyed themselves as well as making some money for our funds. Looking forward now to your visit. I am about to add it to my website www.warkworth.co.uk and also the Journal website. I'll send you the links when I get it set up. Lots of love, Joan XX
28th November 2009

Argentina !
My God, you seem to have become a right fan of Argentina. Who would have thought it ??? Great talking to you yesterday - you were in such a good mood. The girls must have given you a proper sending-off. We are left to the wind and the rain of Northern Europe. So now you are off to the Antartic climes - you will have seen everything on this trip. Hope the photos sell well when you get back. Keep enjoying the trip, and don't forget to get some wine back for tasting. Ciao and see you soon !
28th November 2009

Vino
Wine has been ordered and is on its way as we speak. We should be looking forward to some of Colome's finest Malbec over the Christmas table
28th November 2009

Floods
Excellent news on the exhibition......look forward to showing you some excellent images when I return.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb