Salta - Argentina Steak and Zip Lines


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Salta
December 19th 2008
Published: January 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally we had arrived in Argentina and we were staying a place called Salta for 2 days which I must admit I´d never heard of before but if you ever make it to Argentina it is a beautiful place to visit and we really recommend you go. We stayed in a campsite outside Salta and it had the biggest outdoor a swimming pool in the world according to the Lonely Planet. We set up our tents and immediately hit the pool for a swim which was much needed after our drive.
After a warm shower (you really appreicate hot showers when you travel in South America) we headed into Salte city central where we meet up with everyone for a drink in the main square which was really nice. The local recommended beer in Salta is actually called Salta Beer and is really good people. It is sold in 1 litre bottles and goes down soooo smoth, very easy to get drunk on...so we did!!! It cost 9.50 Argentina peso´s (less than 3 USD).
After beers we headed to a restaurant to try the famous Argentianian steak which is known around the world as having best steak right!!! Well for me it didn´t disappoint...the steak was 480gms of heaven and you could cut it without any effort and with a butter knife. The steak melted in your mouth and I honestly think it was the best meal I have ever had (sorry to the girls who always cook me Lasguna and Spaghettti...I still love you! By the way the steak cost approx 24 peso´s which is less than 8 GBP.
The next day we headed to our next camp site which was called Salta Rafting. Again we only stayed 1 night but we had the opportunity to go Zip Linning. We meet our instructors Frank from Germany and Victor from Argentina who taught us how to...basically fall off the side of a cliff over a 160m sheer drop whilst connected to a zip line!!! Tough stuff!!! We had 9 zip lines in total with the longest line being 500m and the highest line was 160m. It was a really fun afternoon and we hit some great speed on the wires and the scenary as always with South America was fantastic.
When doing stuff like this you always get 1 wanker who stands at the bottom and throws eggs at you when you are helpless and an easy target...thanks Paul my leg still hurt 1 hour later!
After dinner while relaxing with a beer we saw some scary wildlife which wasn´t part of the tour, that was just there home. Check out the big spider (tarantola) that Paul (who else) decided to poke with a big stick and irratate and also the hug toad and the big poo we saw it do


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb