Day 232 Argentina, Salta to Cafayate.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Cafayate
July 8th 2015
Published: July 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Folks,



So we got up early this morning as we were leaving Loki hostel in Salta at 8.45am to catch the bus at 0900 as it was 30 mins into town and our coach was at 1030 to Cafayate.



We paid our tab bill, which was only about £40 for three nights and all food! We got to town with plenty of time to spare so we got some snacks and water and got to the main bus terminal. It was simple to talk to the driver and show the tickets and soon enough we were on our way.



We wanted to stop at Cafayate as it’s well known for wine and goat’s cheese, all my favorites. We arrived in Cafayate about 3pm, we hadn’t booked a hostel but thought we would have a walk around this small town to see what was cheap. Luckily though we were greeted by 2 independent hostel owners who were competing against each other to win us over, so we ended up getting a cheap private room for £5 each a night.



We chilled out for a few hours, and then decided to walk to a few vineyards that were in walking distance of the hostel and that were free to taste. We went with an American girl (most rude and annoying girl ever) and another Argentinian girl. We got back in time for the 60-peso dinner that the hostel owner was preparing for the hostel guests. It was BBQ chicken and veg risotto. It was delicious, and I managed to get two great pieces of white chicken that weren’t on the bone. Also I went halfs with the American girl on a bottle of amazing white wine and Neil brought a bottle of Malbec, which he said was so good!!



We had a good chat to everyone staying at the hostel. There were also another 4 English guys that were staying at our last hostel, so it meant that the table conversation was all in English, which was a bonus.



Neil and I headed to bed after dinner like everyone else. They eat late here, about 9.30pm, and as it was a bbq style meal is was getting quite cold outside.



Love V&N xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb