Don't forget your mate when you go to Cafayate!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Cafayate
July 4th 2011
Published: July 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have left Villa de Las Rosas, said "hasta pronto" to our Argentine family and now are "UP NORT" in the providence of Salta. Many people told us that this was the place to come for our vacation (and coming north would get us a little warmer weather... very appealing) so here we are! To get here we took a 4 hour bus ride from Villa de Las Rosas to Cordoba. From Cordoba we took an overnight bus 12 hours north to Salta, the capital of Salta. We are staying in Salta, along with Dale (Sparta Principal) and Chris (Elementary School Prinicpal from Virgina) and are able to take day trips from here to some other "must see" spots. Our first stop.... Cafayate!

The day trip to Cafayate was amazing. We took off with a group early in the morning ... on the way to the city of Cafayate we stopped many times to take in the amazing scenery. There was about a 50 km stretch of trail that looked very similar to the painted desert in Arizona. There were a ton of different formations out of the rocks ... similar to looking at the clouds we saw a sepo (frog), the titanic, dolphins, a sea turtle and much more.

Upon arriving to Cafayate we enjoyed some traditional foods of Argentina's northwest which is more Andean influenced than other parts of the country. We enjoyed Locro, tamales, humitas and some home made pasta. After that it was time to check out the winery and do some tasting! Argentina has some of the world's best wine and Cafayate did not disapoint! When we got back to Salta we celebrated 4th of July by getting hotdogs from the street vendor..mmmmm!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



6th July 2011

Really getting creative with the fotos....LOVE IT!

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb